No nonsense®, taking steps toward a greener planet
At No nonsense, we continually strive to improve our processes, products and packaging to lessen our impact on the planet. We do this by making conscious efforts to reduce, reuse and recycle. We also make and sell 90% of No nonsense legwear in the USA, which greatly reduces emissions and oil consumption versus importing goods from around the world.
In our eco-conscious facilities, we have executed many planet friendly projects, including:
- Skylights & high efficiency lighting
- Reclaimed waste heat
- High Volume Low Speed (HVLS) fans
- Building environmental control systems & higher efficiency utility equipment (boilers, chillers, compressors)
- Low liquid dyeing processes
- Efficient conveyors
- Recycling and reusing in the facilities including corrugate, plastics, yarn bobbins
- * Kayser-Roth Domestic Manufacturing Facilities 2008-2015
photo by subarcticmike on flickr
At No nonsense being planet friendly is by design. We seek partners who support our eco-conscious efforts, several examples include:
Our domestic cotton suppliers are part of the COTTON LEADS™ initiative:
- This program is committed to responsibly produced cotton.
- The program offers cotton users the confidence and knowledge that their raw materials is responsibly produced and identified.
- No nonsense, a brand of Kayser-Roth Corporation, is a partner in this initiative
- To learn more visit Cotton Leads Principles
Our packaging partners supply us with a variety of packages that are planet friendly:
- Our paperboard packages have water based coating that ensure the entire package is 100% recyclable
- Our clear pouched are made with 10% recycled content and are biodegradable
- Our printed bags are made of 51% recycled content
At No nonsense our goal is to further reduce our energy consumption in our already eco-conscious US based manufacturing facilities. Our work is never done.